Medicare, Medicaid, managed plans and most commercial insurances cover skilled home care. We will verify your insurance before our services begin so you will know upfront of your insurance's coverage. Similar to Home Health Care, our team will bill Medicare and other insurance policies based on benefit availability for Hospice Care.
Criteria for Home Health Care
For skilled home care services to be covered by Medicare and most Insurances:
- Client must need the services of a licensed health care professional - Nurse or Physical Therapist.
- Client must be homebound (patient may leave home to attend church or go to doctor but the absences should require a considerable taxing effort to leave home and/or require the assistance of another person.
- Care should be needed for treatment of illness or injury, or worsening of a chronic condition (there are some exceptions).
- Treatment/care is provided through visits.
- There is a discharge plan developed on admission.
- Services must be considered reasonable and necessary.
- Patient must be under the care of a doctor.
- Patient, family may initiate request for care. No hospital or Nursing Home stay is required prior to start of care.